Get To Know Your SG: Vice President Palak Gosar | The American Word

Get To Know Your SG: Vice President Palak Gosar

Emily Guilfoil | 4/25/13 11:36am

Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in the April 25 print edition of our magazine.

Why did you decide to join student government?

Palak Gosar

Photo by:

I joined student government my sophomore year after a few friends of mine joined the undergraduate senate and talked about how they really enjoyed the experience. Once I joined I realized that it I could do a lot of good work and that I would really like it.

What do your responsibilities as VP include?

The VP handles programming for the SG. So I oversee KPU, Sub, the events department and Founders Day.

What other activities are you involved in on campus?

I am a brother of Sigma Phi Epsilon, and I also work for the University Center

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I don’t have a whole lot of free time but when I do I like watching TV, going out, usual college-kid things

How would you describe the students of AU?

The AU student body is very unique. It is one of the few in the country that would pick seeing a congressman speak over a top 40s concert and I think that’s great. I love working for them.

What has your experience with student government been?

My experience with SG has absolutely been positive. I’ve learned so much from it and most of my best friends are people I’ve met through SG. It is definitely one that I wouldn’t trade for the world.

Why did you decide to come to AU?

I knew when I was applying to colleges that I wanted to come to the Washington area. I’ve always loved politics so it seemed perfect. My sister was at AU at the time and the few times I visited, I loved it. It was the perfect fit.

What kinds of things do you like to do in Washington?

Despite being here for three years now I still love going to the monuments and museums. They never get old. I also like going out and trying new restaurants with friends.