The American Word :: Sweet Spring and Style Trends

Classifieds Page

Sweet Spring and Style Trends

After what seemed like the winter that would never end, most can finally agree that spring is here! And spring means a new start, a new mindset and a new wardrobe. It’s out with the drab colors and clothes of winter and in with the fabulous fun colors and textures of spring. Here are a few spring styles that should help the transition from winter to spring be ever so sweet.

Pastel Hair

Fashion rules state: wear the clothes, don’t let the clothes wear you, or in this case the hair. Pastel hair is in. We’ve seen the mermaid colors from Kylie Jenner’s teal locs to Justine Skye’s purple strands, but that’s kind of last season. Pastel hair colors were featured on models in the Louis Vuitton Resort 2015 show and it was a hit. Just like with the mermaid hair trend, the color payoff is out of this world with pastels, the grays, blues, pink, the list goes on. Want to try the look, check out Bumble and bumble’s spraychalk. It comes in four pastel shades — a blush, mint, lavender and cobalt.

Celebrities who slay this style: Jourdan Dunn, Nicole Richie and Julianne Hough

Leather Jacket

A good leather jacket is a staple in any wardrobe, it’s a wonder why you can rock it in any season — it’s old faithful. Not only is it a staple, but it can add edge to any outfit or dress up the most basic of ensembles for both men and women. From sporty to girly to bohemian trends, a leather jacket can adapt to any style or person, almost like the traveling pants (a la “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants”). Looking to add a new jacket to your collection, step up your wardrobe or just want to be cooler, check out Target or Forever 21.

Celebrities who slay this style: Kendall & Kylie Jenner, Nick Jonas

Jogger Pants

Jogger pants or joggers take lounge style to a whole new level. The stylish sweatpants alternative were made with both men and women in mind. As for ladies, the jeans versus leggings debate just got easier. Joggers are appropriate to wear in public, you can wear them dressed up for a sporty chic look or dressed down for a more relaxed look, and are also more flattering than leggings. Another thing about joggers is that they can come in various colors and patterns so you can switch it up. Check out Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters for your joggers needs.

Celebrities who slay this style: Zendaya, Rihanna, Kanye West and Cara Delevingne

Midi Skirt

Finally, a skirt that is flattering on every woman, no matter her height, size or body type. Midi skirts are the way to go. From flared to fitted, midi skirts can be worn with anything from a plain white t-shirt and sneakers to pumps and a buttoned up blouse. Like a leather jacket, a staple piece in any girl’s wardrobe, no matter if your fashion sense is girly, edgy or boho. Find various versions of this fairytale skirt at Forever 21, H&M; or Macy’s

Celebrities who slay this style: Kim Kardashian, Victoria Beckham