Event Preview: Nitro Circus Live | The American Word

Event Preview: Nitro Circus Live

Mary Hamula | 10/4/15 1:51pm

Nitro Circus Live Tour- Photo courtesy of The Verizon Center

Looking to liven up your week? Look no further than Nitro Circus Live, coming to the Verizon Center on October 8th. The tour is all new and will feature never before seen tricks and stunts. 17-time gold medalist Travis Pastrana will lead the team of athletes performing, which includes the best in freestyle motocross, BMX, skate and more. 

The lineup includes reigning X Fighters champion Josh Sheehan, decorated BMX rider Chad Kagy, X Games medalist Andy Buckworth and more. Jolene Van Vugt will attempt to become the first female to do a double backflip on a BMX bike, and three-time X Games gold medalist Daniel Bowden will backflip a 400-pound snowmobile ramp to ramp. The show will feature 10 world firsts’, each never seen in the U.S. before.The entire performance will be styled and choreographed as a 1920s circus, complete with animals, trapeze artists, clowns, flame throwers and more. The show will still have Nitro Circus classics, such as the Nitro Gigant-A-Ramp. 

Nitro Circus Live was created out of the hit TV series in 2010 and has since toured five continents. The TV series started in the Maryland backyard of the star of the show, Travis Pastrana.  Pastrana is a motocross champion, Rally America Series champion, and one of the most accomplished extreme sports athletes of this decade. 

So take a homework break on Thursday and come watch sports history happen before your eyes at the Verizon Center. Details can be found on the Nitro Circus 
website and the Verizon Center website. Stay tuned for American Word’s recap of the event!